Buying a yacht for sale in Florida just got a whole lot easier. If you’re tempting your fate with buying a yacht and living the sailing lifestyle, then your dreamboat has arrived. At Aspire Yacht Sales, we know our yachts inside and out and love to match up a buyer with their needs and wants for a boat. With thousands of yachts to choose from on our site, finding yachts for sale in Florida can seem daunting. But alas!
There doesn’t need to be any stress or frustration involved in the buying process. Read on to find out our four favorite types of yachts for sale in Fort Lauderdale, and rest easy knowing the pros and cons of each.
1. Motor Yachts
Motor yachts tend to reach 35 to 85 feet long and are in between the categories of ‘trailer-able’ boats and superyachts. The motor yacht is a loose term applied to several different types of vessels, but all motor boats share similar traits. Aspire has over 1200 yachts available to choose from on our website.
Advantages of motor yachts
- Cabin interiors provide ample amenities that can last extended vacations
- Private rooms and berths for overnight stays
- Storage space for food, fuel, and water
- Kitchen, stately toilets, showers, and room for appliances
- High-end navigation systems for offshore cruising
- Common spaces (or saloons) for comfortable socializing, relaxation, and enjoyment
Disadvantages of owning a motor yacht
- Limited usage based on the weather. Icy temps can cause breakdowns
- Costly to keep up with maintenance fees. Payment to store it in the water and for security.
- Cleaning can be costly and take up more time. The engine must be flushed with fresh water every time you return from a trip.
- Expensive to find spare parts for the yacht.
Motor yachts have a high range as well, traveling up to 1500 nautical miles, and can last for about 1500 hours before needing a major overhaul on the engine.
2. Express Cruisers
An express cruiser is similar to a motor yacht but looks a lot different. They tend to be a more chic, modern design with open cockpits that have more open-spaced living and entertaining, combining the indoor and outdoor areas. Usually, express cruisers boast more outdoor space but have plenty of indoor cabins and shower spaces as well. Expect a grill and sink and multiple refrigerators on several iterations of the express cruiser.
Typically, in the 30-50-foot range, they can go smaller or longer. Catch a wave with this yacht, cruising at 25-30 knots or more. Powered by twin diesel and occasional pod drives, or perhaps by a stern drive with an inboard engine and an outdrive at the stern, express cruisers run smooth and fast.
Express Cruiser Advantages
- Great for families because they can access the sand bar quickly for kids to play on.
- Basic fishing is an option from the swim platform.
- There’s ample separation from the cockpit and the other spaces where people can hang on the bow sun pad or play their music loudly.
Express Cruiser Disadvantages
- Express cruisers have that standard boating capacity so they’re not the shiniest yacht in the sea.
- Not great for long distances due to its limited storage space
- Have trouble with inclement weather
- Limited range with good speed but less than noteworthy fuel economy
- On the pricier side for its size
Express cruisers are great for ideal weather conditions and sightseeing and perfect for outdoor on-deck entertaining because everything is on one level, including the driver and the DJ. Expect an aesthetic win for this yacht with smooth lines, clean profiles, and delicate styling.
3. Sport Fish
If you’re a big fisher, sport fish yachts are for you. A fantastic alternative to other types of yachts, these ones have large cockpits for house fishers and rods, bait, tackle, and the day’s catch. These yachts are built around fishing and boast a wide variety of towers, outriggers, aerated live wells, fighting chairs, freezers, and way more. Expect durability with the sport fish and going fast is no problem. It can handle inclement weather including high tides, large waves, and storms.
Sport Fish Advantages
- Great for inclement weather
- Enjoy fishing outdoors
- Capable of long distances and rough, deep seas
- Durable, affordable, and adaptable
- Built-in fishing gear for the avid fisher
Sport Fish Disadvantages
- More functional than luxurious
- Really geared more toward fishers than the average yachter
4. Center Consoles
Center console boats are a favorite in the boating industry. Boats range from 20 feet to 56 feet boasting one engine to a quad engine. We’re talking range and variety here.
Center Console Advantages
- Great 360-degree viewpoints at the helm to avoid blindspots
- Great for fishing as it allows anglers to move easily from bow to stern when up against a fish
- Maintenance is easy with service centers for routine maintenance
- Entertaining is enjoyable with the optional wet bard and forward seating for easy access
- Very safe with a large field of view for the captain
- Cruise up to 60 mph thanks to new and improved outboard technology
Center Console Disadvantages
- Limited cabin space
- Little protection from inclement weather
- Desk storage is there, but for larger items, you may have to look elsewhere
Expect a safe, comfortable ride on the center console that the whole family and the amateur fisher can enjoy.
At Aspire We’re here to go the extra mile to help you find the yacht of your dreams. We’re number one for yacht sales in Florida and for good reason. Our experience and expertise are a guarantee for customer satisfaction. Check out our motor yachts, express cruisers, sport fishes, and center consoles on our site to get to sailing the open seas.